3 Yards of Found Fabric!
So my Dear Husband bought new dress shirts for work over the weekend, that meant it was time for the great closet purge of 2011! He does this occasionally, and usually I run them up to the thrift store. (DH tends to be kind to his clothes and they are never really "worn out.") But this time, I decided to go Bonnie Hunter on them and cut them up for quilts. Now, if you hang around me long enough, you'll learn that plaids and stripes usually aren't my thing, but the colors on these were so wonderful, that I decided to give it a go!
First, I checked for fabric content. I only picked out the 100% cotton ones (10). Then, we determined which ones the boys would want (3). Last, I determined which ones were pretty enough! That left 2 for Goodwill and 6 for me!
|So hard to take that first cut!|
Next, I cut them up. Basically, all I did was cut all the seams off. Very simple. I also saved all the buttons, just for fun. This is what I was left with:
|About 1/2 yard per shirt.|